Monday, November 5, 2012

Distribution of Water

The cities with the highest populations about 200 years ago were all located along the ocean. They were used as ports to import and export goods. Now we have much easier access to goods.

You can investigate different types of weathering by looking at tombstones since they are dated.

Two types of weathering:
         1. Mechanical
         2. Chemical


How much water is there and where is it distributed? If you had $100.
      I would think that $75 would go to the Oceans
      I would give $15 to Lakes
      I would give the remaining $9.75 to Rivers
      And finally, $0.25 to clouds

Actually Answers:
     $97.20 goes to the Oceans
     $2.15 goes to Glaciers
     $0.62 is in Ground Water
     $0.09 is Fresh Water Lakes
     $0.08 is Salt Water Lakes and Seas
     $0.07 is Variable
     $0.05 is Soil Moisture
      $0.01 is in the Atmosphere

I was pretty off with my estimations.

No comments:

Post a Comment